[Nmh-workers] content-disposition (was Re: flattening continuation lines )

2005-04-19 06:15:24
come up with -- i probably would have duplicated much of the code
that lets one insert Content-Description headers, in order to let
the user specify Content-Disposition in a similar manner (with,
perhaps { } delimeters in the draft file.

It would be good to have this working in the C code and it may not be
too hard. Has anyone got any good ideas on a syntax. Using { } isn't a
bad idea.

At a simple level we might have { attachment } and { inline } but what
should it do by default? And can we perhaps do something to avoid the
need to repeat the filename three times in this:

#text/plain; name="file.txt" { attachment; filename="file.txt" }
/tmp/file.txt

I'd quite like to make it fairly intelligent by default. So:
  #text/plain /tmp/file.txt
would result in:
and you would need:
  #text/plain { } /tmp/file.txt
for no disposition header.

that sounds fine to me, but i don't consider myself an expert.

so basically, the entire text between the { } pair would fully
specify the Content-disposition header, but that unlike
Content-description (which has no default value), the
Content-disposition header would have a default value of
        attachment; filename="<file basename>"
does that sound right?

paul

The name attribute in content-type is deprecated in rfc2046 by the way.
Content-Disposition is defined in rfc1806.

it sounds like this proposal would feed into that nicely, since it
changes the default mhbuild behavior to do the right thing.

paul