Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware repl'ying

2005-09-26 09:39:58
Paul Fox wrote:

does anyone have a trick (via .mh_profile, mhl.reply, or
alternate draft edit script) to cause replies to messages which
contain multiple mime parts to only include and quote the first
plaintext part?  i'm sure we've all been frustrated when someone

I've got a trick which sort-of does that.

I have `-editor zprompter' in .mh_profile for repl. zprompter is a zsh
script I've written that is a bit like prompter. Among other things, it
does:
  exec 3>$1
  if [[ -n $editalt ]]; then
    mhshow -part 1 -form mhl.null -file $editalt | sed -e '1 d' -e 's/^/> /' >&3
  fi

`-part 1' is not perfect. It doesn't even limit things to plain text
but it works with HTML too given the right filters to pass to pass HTML
through lynx -dump. There was also a patch I posted last December that
you'd you want to apply (or get nmh from CVS).

Oliver