[Nmh-workers] 1.1RC4: can't rebuild dtimep.c with modern flex

2005-10-25 07:16:41
(Can't claim any credit for finding this, it's debian bug 320090:
but since it's an easy fix and doesn't seem to have made it upstream
I think it deserves to get into 1.1RC5 or 1.2 or whatever we call it.)

This isn't a huge problem most of the time because we ship with
sbr/dtimep.c newer than sbr/dtimep.lex. But still.

mnementh$ touch sbr/dtimep.lex
mnementh$ make
[...]
flex -nt dtimep.lex > dtimep.c
flex: option `n' doesn't allow an argument
Try `flex --help' for more information.
make[1]: *** [dtimep.c] Error 1
mnementh$ lex --version
lex 2.5.31

Fix: as per bug report, say this in the Makefile.in instead:

dtimep.c: dtimep.lex

[But maybe this doesn't work with old-style lex...]

Incidentally, should dtimep.c really be in CVS, since it's a generated
file?

-- PMM