Re: [Nmh-workers] too many uninitialized variables in nmh-1.1 RC4

2005-11-25 11:38:38
initialisation. The question is how to deal with these because it'd be
nice if we could prevent the compiler warnings. In some ways I think it
is wrong to needlessly assign 0 to such variables because it implies to
someone reading the code that the variable needs to be initialised to 0
and that that value has a purpose.

I often have a manfiest constant WHO_CARES,

#define WHO_CARES (void*)012345

isn't sort of setting yourself up for shooting yourself in the foot, in case the
program logic _is_ wrong, and you didn't notice?  in general i take the course
of safety, and initialize to something that will cause the least pain if it
did get used.

paul