Re: [Nmh-workers] too many uninitialized variables in nmh-1.1 RC4

2005-12-01 09:29:01
In message <200511241911.jAOJBoel031034@tad.dad.org>, Norman Shapiro writes:

I often have a manfiest constant WHO_CARES,

#define WHO_CARES (void*)012345

or some such.

Is it a default initialization value that has no meaning for
the program logic?  Seems a great approach to this problem!

I will carefully read the book "The Practice of Programming"
from Brian Kernighan looking for other possible workarounds
to this matter.  I agree with you, that constant looks great
to initialize variables that does not need to be initialized
to 0.  As Oliver Kiddle said, initializing a variable to a
given value can make people to believe that the variable
must be assigned that value in the code.

Thanks for your feedback on this matter.  I will probably use
a preprocessor definition like this one in the future.

Best regards,

Igor.