[Nmh-workers] suppress Content-ID's with new mhbuild option?

2006-01-29 12:10:42
Hi,

I have been manually editing drafts to remove Content-ID
headers from outgoing MIME messages.  The default
configuration of Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.3416, in
particular, doesn't see attachments in incoming messages if
there are Content-ID headers.  (There are a few old postings
to comp.mail.mh about it.  That's not the latest version of
Outlook, but I still need to deal with it.)

I'd like to remove the manual steps, as well as support use
of X-MH-Attachment headers, which doesn't give me a chance
to edit the final draft before sending.

<> in the type directive gets part of the job done, but I've
not found a way to suppress Content-ID in the message header
without hacking nmh itself.

One easy hack would be to add yet another option to mhbuild,
and check that in the build_headers function of
uip/mhbuildsbr.c where the Content-ID: header is added.

Can anyone suggest a better way?  Or better option names
than -contentid/-nocontentid?

Thanks,
David