Re: [Nmh-workers] various tidbits and helpers

2006-12-09 12:08:15
(Sorry to bother the whole group with this; I can't get past FreeBSD.org's spam
filter)

Alexander Botero-Lowry <alexbl@FreeBSD.org> writes:
So I wrote a
simple Python script to replace ``remime'' lines with proper mhbuild lines
and then execute mhbuild. remime is not very powerful, it's not intended to
be. It takes a filename, and uses magic to determine a description and a
mime-type and then constructs an mhbuild line with that information included.
Something like #remime: /home/alex/mh.png becomes #image/png; name="mh.png"
<>[ PNG image data, 1400 x 1050, 16-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced ]
/home/alex/mh.png. remime becomes the buildmimeproc.

I've been wanting something like that for years. Thank you very much for posting
it. It looks like it will improve the quality of my life.

/You can take a look at
remime here: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~alexbl/remime It requires the Python
bindings for libmagic which come with the file distribution.

Unfortunately, I know little about python. I would very much appreciate your
telling me what the phrases "bindings for libmagic" and "the file distribution"
mean. More specifically can you tell me what I need to do to run remine. When I
try to run it I, not unexpectedly, get:

                File "./remine", line 3, in ?
          import magic
      ImportError: No module named magic