Re: [Nmh-workers] replcomps and MIME handling...

2007-10-16 19:54:19
Dragging a thread over here from the exmh list, as Robert Elz pointed out
that it's probably replcomp's job..

Has anybody looked at what it would take to do the following:

1) Fix replcomps and friends so base64 or quoted-printable was decoded
before processing, so you don't get stuff like:

    us1 =3D (const unsigned char *) s1,

or even worse base64 stuff?

I want to look at this as soon as I work through the backlog of stuff
that's kept me quiet recently.

In case it helps, my workaround for the issue at the moment is to do
repl -noformat
and then, once the editor (vi in my case) is up, go to the last line
and do something like

:r! mhshow -part 2 -form mhl.null -nopause|fold -s -w78|sed 's/^/> /'

It isn't pretty, but I consider it less irritating than the problem it
addresses.

2) Do a better job of replying to a multipart, so you can cite just the
primary text/plain, without sucking in MIME headers and base64 encoding of
an attached .jpg, and all that stuff too?

All of this is really up to mhl. I think the real problem, when you get
down to it, is that nmh's MIME capabilities have been kept separate. What's
really required, in my opinion, is to make mhl's formatting language
MIME-aware.

Cheers,

        - Joel