RE: [Nmh-workers] show and repl segfaulting: 1.2 source and 1.1fc6 rpm

To: zoubidoo(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com
CC: nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org
From: josh(_at_)bress(_dot_)net
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] show and repl segfaulting: 1.2 source and 1.1fc6
rpm
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:05:47 -0500

Hello,

I have show and repl segfaulting for certain messages on a CentOS 5 i686
platform.  The problem occurs with both a 1.1 fc6 rpm and 1.2 compiled from
source.

I suspect your problem is this:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22060

Try to rebuild by adding -fno-builtin-strcasecmp to your CFLAGS.

You may also want to try rebuilding the F8 rpm for your system, as it
contains a more modern CVS version of nmh (with numerous features and
fixes).

Thanks for the suggestion Josh.  The bug report is for a 64-bit architecture
while I'm running this on a 32-bit platform. Nevertheless I recompiled anyway
with -fno-builtin-strcasecmp added to CFLAGS in the Makefile, but the segfault
came back.  Going back to  --enable-debug which so far seems to work.