Re: [Nmh-workers] repl*comps and and non-ascii characters

2008-07-25 21:29:27
Peter Maydell writes:

Eric Gillespie wrote:
+    * etc/replcomps, etc/replgroupcomps: Decode header fields for the
+    reply's header.

If you do this then what causes them to get reencoded before sending?

The same thing that encodes them when you compose a new message
with such characters?  I use mh-e; maybe mhbuild handles it for
plain nmh users?

I agree that there are problems here but I think we need to solve them
in a more general manner (see the long message I posted a while back
about improving MIME support:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2008-06/msg00003.html )

OK, I guess.  Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good :).

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg(_at_)pretzelnet(_dot_)org