Re: [Nmh-workers] MIME sucks, death to mhl

2008-08-04 13:37:38
Jerrad Pierce writes:

How can I disentangle the evil that are mhshow and mhl from nmh?

In nmh 1.0 I was able to set showproc and moreproc in mh_profile to less
and view my messages in piece (text files in a text viewer, the novelty).
But I just installed 1.3 on another box (RHEL4 with Fedorqa SRPM) and it
seems even with these settings, mhshow is invoked. It's annoying because
mhshow decided it needs to do something special with signatures, perceiving
them as text/plain and trying to invoke xterm...

This works well for me:

#: mhshow sucks; I'll run it by hand if I need to
showmimeproc: mhl

You complained about mhl, so I guess showmimeproc: less would
work, but you shouldn't need to.  It's mhshow that wants to do
the crazy stuff; mhl just formats the headers and shows you the
body raw.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg(_at_)pretzelnet(_dot_)org