Re: [Nmh-workers] odd whatnow -attach behaviour

2008-08-04 14:47:02
Peter writes:

I don't use whatnow -attach, but I was fiddling around with it making a
test case for a related issue, and I noticed that it seems to behave a
bit oddly:

mnementh$ whatnow -attach foo

That's the cause, I think:  if the -attach isn't in your .mh_profile,
the later detach won't see it.

What now? attach foo_bar/baz

What now? alist
baz

What now? detach foo_bar/baz

What now? alist
baz

So the 'detach' doesn't complain, but it doesn't actually seem to do
anything either...

detach doesn't complain about other things, such as deleting
an attachment that doesn't exist.  That probably should be
fixed.

Anybody who actually uses this know if this is a bug or expected behaviour?

The recommended (docs/README-ATTACHMENTS) setup is to put this
in your .mh_profile:

        send: -attach X-MH-Attachment
        whatnow: -attach X-MH-Attachment

Then your detach would work.  Alternatively, you could "detach -n 1".

David