Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: [Nmh-commits] nmh ChangeLog uip/mhparse.c test/tests/mhshow/t...

2008-08-13 18:22:52
[Note: I don't see a message on nmh-commits for the de-dup change
 I discuss here; you may have to update your working copy to see
 what I'm talking about.]

[Note: the "PatchSet"s I refer to are from

CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous(_at_)cvs(_dot_)savannah(_dot_)nongnu(_dot_)org:/sources/nmh
 TZ=UTC cvsps -u -A nmh

 It's the only thing we have to refer to a change across more than
 one file.]

Eric Gillespie <epg(_at_)pretzelnet(_dot_)org> writes:

I have two more Postel's Law fixes in my tree.  The next fix to

Done.

pull from my tree is the unification of mhparse.c and
mhbuildsbr.c.  I'd forgotten all about that nastiness...

Aside from those listed in the ChangeLog, I noted the following
divergences between mhparse.c and mhbuildsbr.c's copy:

- An rfc934sw check in mhbuildsbr.c's copy of InitMultiPart that
  is harmless to leave out; the remaining checks in mhbuildsbr.c
  are sufficient.

- get_content in mhparse.c first parses all the headers into a
  linked list and then loops over that looking for interesting
  headers (though it left out Content-Disposition, added in
  PatchSet 549, when support to create those was added to
  mhbuild).  That's a better approach, as it's not repeating the
  header parsing logic over and over again, as attested by
  diffstat: 187 insertions(+), 224 deletions(-)

PatchSet 138