[Nmh-workers] reconfiguring the bug tracker

2008-12-24 12:46:21
I'd like to reconfigure the bug tracker on savannah so the fields
are a bit more useful. Specifically:

1. replace the existing Categories ('compatibility/documentation/user
interface/web pages/None') with 'Bug/Portability/Enhancement/
Documentation/Other'.

2. Add 'Priority' field (not sure how we've contrived to not have
this, since savannah claims it's a required field...)

3. Remove the fields 'Item Group', 'Discussion Lock', 'Privacy'
and the 'Votes' section which as far as I'm aware we don't use.

4. Perhaps slightly more controversially, I would also like to
get rid of the 'Task Manager' and 'Patch Tracker' in favour of
migrating the handful of items in there into the 'Bug Tracker'.
I think that (especially for the patch tracker) the distinction
is largely artificial and it makes much more sense to just have
one list which tracks everything.

Unless anybody complains, I'm probably going to do at least
items 1..3 in the near future (ie before the end of the
Christmas holidays...)

-- PMM