Re: [Nmh-workers] mh modifies headers? (was Re: Multiple Mailstore Support )

2009-10-14 23:35:01
ve6bbm/ve7tfx wrote:
 > Another concern is meta-data.  MH annotates messages by adding headers
 > to the message file.  Messages in IMAP are immutable, so that won't

i don't think i was aware of this.  i don't recall MH ever modifying
a message, and would have claimed that it doesn't do so.  i assume
it's part of a feature i've never used?

paul
 paul fox, pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us (arlington, ma,
where it's 39.2 degrees)

That's what the anno command is all about.  However, it's use is pretty much
optional.  Except, of course, that I use annotations for the new (but pretty
old by now) attachment handling mechanism.  I don't think that that would
cause problems because it's only used when composing a new message.

Jon