Re: [Nmh-workers] The test system does not install

2010-11-11 09:28:11
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM, markus schnalke <meillo(_at_)marmaro(_dot_)de>
wrote:
Hoi,

seems as if test systems, if they exist at all, aren't used regularly.
Because if they would, then people would have noticed that nmh's test
system is broken. I can't set it up. Too bad because I really wanted
to write some new tests. ;-)

If I understood correctly, it has to be done this way:

   cd test
   ./setup-test

The output then ends with:

   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `scan': No such file or directory
   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `send': No such file or directory
   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `show': No such file or directory
   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `sortm': No such file or directory
   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `whatnow': No such file or directory
   /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `whom': No such file or directory
   make[1]: *** [install-cmds] Error 1
   make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nmh-test-zGqLqrdc/bld/uip'
   make: *** [install] Error 1

The temporary test build directory /tmp/nmh-test-zGqLqrdc/bld contains
man pages and Makefiles, but no sources nor compiled files are there.

I don't feel able to solve the issue.

You either need to run make clean, or run it on a fresh checkout.
That's an error you'll see if you already have built binaries.

Good luck.

--
    JB