Re: [Nmh-workers] [patch] snapshot of my MIME handling improvments

2010-11-12 19:53:56
- I changed Jon's attachment system to get the attachment header name
and format from the profile and not from command line arguments. This
made the involved commands and functions less bulky because the values
need not to be passed through all the time. It also makes this data
avaliable to any program who ``likes to take part''. This alone I
regard as an improvement.

The new profile names are: `attachment-header' and
`attachment-format'. (attach_fmt should likely be a char* too.)

The -attach and -attachformat cmdline options of whatnow(1) and
send(1) vanished.

I have difficulty seeing this as enough of a savings to be worth breaking
backward compatibility.  If you really have to do this then you should
provide an upgrade script so that users don't get their stuff broken when
they upgrade.

Jon