Re: [Nmh-workers] RFC2047 section 5 and other MIME issues for the new scan

2010-11-14 22:36:15
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Earl Hood wrote:
As for space between encoded word, such space should be
collapsed.  I.e. Two adjacent encoded words should be
concatenated together after decoding, with no space between
them.

Where in what RFC do you find this.  RFC2047 section 5, (1) says that
encoded
words must be separated from each other by linear white space but doesn't
say
that that white space is later removed.

FYI, see the examples in section 8.  It clearly shows that the space
between encoded words should be stripped in final rendering.

--ewh

My days in ANSI and ISO keep me from looking at examples as normative.
These examples are in comments, not the general case.

I read your preference as having a complete parser for every RFC since the dawn
of
time which began in 822.  I could do that, but it seems like it would be complex
and slow.  Maybe I should try it, it might not be unbearably slow.  Time to roll
out lex and yacc.

Jon