Re: [Nmh-workers] Need help getting nmh to send local mail

2011-06-01 20:27:06
I have never been able to install nmh so that it would send local mail.

Thus when my draft has a simple local address, trying to send it gets an  error
message like:

    norm: loses; [USER] 550 5.1.1 <norm>... User unknown

So your company's SMTP server simply doesn't accept unqualified destination
addresses?  Huh.  I'm assuming if you send to norm(_at_)tsoft(_dot_)com (or
whatever)
then it works?

Hrm ... do you compile with -DDUMB?  It looks after a quick look
at the code ... it should always insert whatever is returned by
LocalName() (which can be controlled by localname in mts.conf) _if_
it is NOT compiled with DUMB.  As for whether or not it _should_ do
that ... not really sure.

(Hm, it looks like DUMB is the default from config.h; so maybe turning
that off and recompiling would work?)