[Nmh-workers] The first release candidate for nmh 1.4 is available!

2011-12-07 13:03:28
Greetings everyone,

It's long overdue, but we are finally starting the release cycle for
nmh 1.4.  The first release candidate for nmh 1.4 (RC1) is now available
for download!  You can get it via links off of the nmh web page, which
is at http://www.nongnu.org/nmh/

There may be a few problems downloading the file until all of the mirrors
are updated, so please keep trying if you encounter problems.  I believe
all of those mirrors should be updated within 24 hours.

The 1.4 release of nmh comes with numerous bug fixes and enhancements,
including (but not limited to).

- Support for session encryption for the SMTP MTA either via SASL (if your
  SASL mechanism supports encryption) or TLS.
- inc can now incorporate mail from Maildir dropboxes.  I would caution people
  that this does NOT translate to generic Maildir support; nmh commands cannot
  handle mail in Maildir folders, only "inc" can use it.
- The SMTP server and port can be selected from either the "send" command
  line or the user's mh_profile.
- All networking code (with the exception of the internal ftp client) has
  been converted to the modern networking APIs, and as a result now supports
  IPv6.
- There are new commands "new", "fnext", "fprev", and "unseen".
- A bunch of old code has been garbage collected.  Specifically, support
  for putting \01 in the "servers" entry of mts.conf and support for
  APOP, RPOP, NNTP, bboards, and MPOP has all been removed.

It's been a few years since I've turned the crank on the release, so I
might have done something wrong.  Please send me private email (or to
nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org) and I'll work on fixing it.  Please send bug
reports to nmh-workers(_at_)nongnu(_dot_)org as well.