Re: [Nmh-workers] vfork()

2011-12-24 21:42:47
On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:01:44 PST, Lyndon Nerenberg said:

Will replacing vfork() with fork() seriously impact nmh performance on
any current UNIX variants?  (How many VAX users do we still have?)

fork() should be almost as cheap as vfork() on any system that has a
sane memory manager that does copy on write of the memory.

The linux manpage says there's a few slight differences between vfork()
and fork(), but nothing that should bother nmh.

We don't do any vfork() without an immediately following exec*() call, do we?