Re: [Nmh-workers] discard() declared eeevil

2011-12-26 19:19:53
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 14:35:18 PST, Lyndon Nerenberg said:

sbr/discard.c contains a rather evil piece of code that gropes around
inside of stdio's FILE struct.

Also, m_getfld.c contains similar poltergeist activities.

"-EGADS - violates the principle of least surprise" -- Casey Schaufler

The 'ifdef LINUX_STDIO' in discard.c can probably die, as we seem to have an
fpurge() function in glibc since 2.1.95.  Anybody still running a glibc older
than that deserves to not have nice things.

Not sure what m_getfld.c is doing there.  Something underhanded, I suspect.