Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-e support in nmh

2012-01-04 21:49:11
On 1/5/2012 2:51 AM, Jeffrey Honig wrote:

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 21:34, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
<mailto:kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>> wrote:

    The default has been to build with mh-e support, and I suspect
    that very
    few people have NOT built nmh with mh-e support so I doubt that it is
    causing many problems.  I propose removing the configure option
    and associated
    #ifdefs so that mh-e support is always included in nmh.  Comments?

I'd like to audit them and see if we actually use them (we being mh-e
developers).  Features that are actually used should always be enabled
*and* documented.

i was going to say the same. brian reid wrote the original mhe, for
which these features were added. someone else wrote the current
gnu-emacs "mh-e" package, which shares no code with brian's original,
and may not be using these options.

so i'm +1 to jch above: whatever is used should remain, should be the
default, and should be documented; whatever is not used (which i think
may be 100% of it) should be removed.