[Nmh-workers] ml -- less-based mh mail reader

2012-02-14 20:17:24
ralph wrote:
 > (My ~/bin/readlp abuses lesskey(1) so little-used keys in less for
 > reading email, e.g. D, do "quit ^@", and this is picked up by the
 > script which then adds it to the "delete" sequence and moves onto
 > the next email to show.  N - next, P - previous, S - spam, etc.)

thanks again, ralph --

as i mentioned the other day, i ran with this idea, to see where it
went, and i like the result.

it turns out my former trick, which formats a bunch of messages
together serially, piped into a single instance of less, is still
pretty handy when looking for a specific passage in a bunch of
'pick'ed messages, but this new one-less-per-message thing is nice.

i haven't touched it for most of a day, and it seems to work, so i
guess it's done, for the moment.  lyndon, if there's interest in
a contrib directory, feel free to add this, if it merits:

    http://dev.laptop.org/~pgf/mh/ml

paul