Re: [Nmh-workers] mhbuild directives and filenames with spaces

2012-03-07 07:53:37
Joel wrote:

Thus spake David Levine:
Joel wrote:

Is it possible to use an mhbuild directive to attach a file with
spaces in its name? I'm getting increasing numbers of these from
other people lately, and am tired of renaming them.

The obvious thing, escaping spaces, doesn't work:

  #application/pdf irritatingly\ named\ document.pdf

I found no hints in the mhbuild manpage, nor from searching. Is
there a way to do this with mhbuild as it is currently (in 1.4)?

How about this, without the escapes:

  #application/pdf {inline} irritatingly named document.pdf

It will wrap the name in double quotes and put that in a
Content-Disposition header.

Yes, this does work. Is this something which changed between 1.3 and
1.4? I could swear entering the filename unquoted failed the last time
I tried it (which was sometime ago now).

No, as far as I know it's always been that way.

And just to note that it will work without the Content-Disposition
header.  But without that, the filename wouldn't appear.

The whatnow attach command requires escaping of spaces, etc.

David