Re: [Nmh-workers] temporary files

2012-03-15 13:52:56
Paul Fox writes:
jon wrote:
 > Ken Hornstein writes:
 > > >I agree.  But times have changed, and it doesn't work well with new
 > > >stuff like dropbox.
 > >
 > > Okay, I was confused a bit because you said the DRAFT temporary file,
 > > but really the @ file is only created by dist and repl.
 > >
 > > Jon, would you be happy with -atlink and -noatlink options to repl and
 > > dist?
 > >
 > > --Ken
 >
 > Sure.  But I am still curious as to the purpose intended by @ in the
 > first place if anybody knows.

i think in a world where repl doesn't quote the message you're
replying to, it gives a very convenient place from which to fetch that
text yourself.

paul

OK, I can buy that.  Just for the sake of discussion, that's `mhpath cur`
assuming that one doesn't have multiple replies running at once which is
problematic anyway.  So it seems like a bell or whistle.

Jon