Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnow: can't attach because no header fieldname was given.

2012-03-17 07:48:06

I haven't looked to see if the attach command for whatnow is using
that or not, but certainly, if it is (or if it will, in the future),
then it would seem to me that whatnow itself would not even need to
make use of any file called "mime.types" (no matter where located).

Currently, we use the associations in the user's .mh_profile
and etc/mhn.defaults, which are greatly enhanced in the
upcoming nmh 1.5 as a result of your report.  Of course, it
would be much better to rely on system capabilities.  Some
day . . .

Why not write a one-off script to blast the goodies from /etc/mime.types
into etc/mhn.defaults??  I'll do it if they'll get in.

steve