Re: [Nmh-workers] Gripe About Pick Man Page and New Feature Request

2012-04-25 11:46:18
Hi Norman,

Particularly, for use in connection with sortm, there ought to be a
straightforward way of selecting precisely those messages for which a
validly formated, relevant date field exists and has a valid format,
or if you prefer those not having a validly formatted, relevant date
field.

Something like

  -before today -or -after today -or -after yesterday

I'm seeing some odd behaviour.  I've one email in +inbox where I've
broken Date:.

    $ p -after '01 Jan 2040'
    pick: unable to parse date field in message 6608, matching...
    1 hit
    $ slp
     6608+ 01-00  me                test — =

Good, so that worked.  The broken one without a date is treated as
matching.

    $ p -before '01 Jan 1960'
    pick: unable to parse date field in message 6608, matching...
    6077 hits
    $

Again, it matched, but why did every other email get treated as being so
old?

Cheers, Ralph.