Re: [Nmh-workers] problem reported in comp.mail.mh

2012-05-20 13:38:43
On 20 May 2012 at 11:45, Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com>wrote:

Re: nmh-1.5 RC2 released

So ... do you want to be the comp.mail.mh gateway?  Or direct the
user to nmh-workers?

I'd rather not be the gateway.  I've posted your paragraph below back
to comp.mail.mh and recommeded that he followup using nmh-workers@nongnu.org

I don't have access to any Debian systems ... and I don't know why
getting a valid dbm library is so hard under Linux.  Maybe there's another
dbm package that would work?  We don't actually check for gdbm.h, but
instead we check for gdbm/gdbm.h.

FWIW - my Mageia 1 system has /usr/include/gdbm.h but as a symlink to
/usr/include/gdbm/gdbm.h, so I had no problems compiling the software.
Otherwise, I would have reported such.

You know ... the dbm support is only used for duplicate message suppression
by slocal.  Maybe we could make that so it's possible to not configure
that support?

That would be a bigger question for the mailing list itself to handle.

--Ken

jerry