Re: [Nmh-workers] Feedback: remove LOCALE ifdefs?

2012-05-26 15:20:51
As long as we're looking at that code, we probably want to do an audit to make
sure that we aren't using isspace() anyplace to detect rfc822 ascii-ish
'whitespace'.  I've seen the hilarity that ensues when the mail system at one
end thinks that a 'non-breaking space' is whitespace and the system at the
other end isn't convinced...

Hm, I see that m_getfld() uses isspace() ... but since that hasn't seem
to broken just yet I am reluctant to mess with it.  Other uses are in
MIME parsing ... I think that should be okay as long as the locale
character set is a superset of ASCII.  Is that normally the case?

That makes me think that we should have an isasciispace() function
that we should use for things like header and MIME parsing since
those should always be 7-bit ASCII.