Re: [Nmh-workers] More than one parameters in .mh_profile

2012-05-28 22:34:35
Sure, it COULD do that.  Sounds like you're volunteering to write
the code; great! :-)
I hack perl, not C. I did quickly grep the perl code base for it though,
but being on a tablet at the moment could not dive too deeply.
nmh is non-GNU, but perl is dual-licensed under the Artistic License.

I take you haven't LOOKED at the perl source code lately?  Talk about
seeing how the sausage is being made; I will never complain about our
mess of ifdefs again.

But I'll save you the trouble.  Inside of Perl_do_exec3() the key lines
sems to be:

    for (s = cmd; *s; s++) {
        if (*s != ' ' && !isALPHA(*s) &&

Seems like that's a pretty good list; if we see one of those characters,
it gets sent to /bin/sh -c.  Otherwise we split and do it ourselves.  Would
that make people happy?