Re: [Nmh-workers] More than one parameters in .mh_profile

2012-05-30 13:27:40
Ken Hornstein writes:

I need moreproc to be "less -force" but show (nmh-1.3) refuses
this.

Yeah, I guess what happens there is mhl (or whatever) is trying to
exec("less -force").  Which as you've noted doesn't work.

Other people have complained about this as well.  But in this case you
could just set the environment variable LESS to "f", right?

Not quite. In fact I need -force only in show, to enforce
silently displaying incompatibile charsets.

Workaround is to make the shell script like vim-mail which is in
fact call to vim  -c ":set ft=mail" .

Is it possible to do such thigs simpler?

Right now ... no.  To start, I have no idea how this interface should
look like.  Suggestions here are welcome; code is even more welcome :-)

It does not seem too difficult to implement function which splits
any string into separate pieces and prepend them to exec*
parameters. But discussion shows that fundamental question is
rather: should it be passed to the shell (and gives chance to use
!$ or some such) or replace the shell job and interpret string inside
the code?

Finally, I think it is not worth to solve it now.

   max