Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature

2012-09-12 13:34:40
Ken Hornstein writes:
If a user doesn't want to use whatnow but wants to use
the attach feature, they could manage the magic headers
manually or via simple scripts (or now, mhmail).

Guys,

Is it me, or could we implement "attach" via:

% anno +drafts 1 -append -nodate -component Nmh-Attachment -text
"your-file-name-here"

Maybe switch it based on argv[0]?

--Ken

Well, that was my point.  Seriously folks, how much time is this worth?
No offense to Norm, but this code has been in place for around a dozen
years at this point with one person having issues (not to discount the
tweaks over the years).  The docs could certainly be better, and it sounds
like that's in process.  Other than that and any bugs that need fixing, I
think that there are better places to put energy.  As the example above
points out, nmh is for people who type commands.  Folks can go elsewhere if
they want to point and click.

Jon