Re: [Nmh-workers] Possible Problem with printf in uip/mhmail.

2012-10-19 12:06:02
david wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Working my way back through the parents to see what man pages were
on-going I came across some changes to the use of printf(1) in
uip/mhmail committed by David Levine.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/commit/?id=342e35519e925ac0d7b24
953bc45028241a7d122

It's a brief diff but has things like

    - -hel|-help) printf "%s\n" "${usage}"; exit ;;
    + -hel|-help) printf "${usage}\n"; exit ;;

My concern would be that $usage mustn't contain a % in the future.  Same
goes for the other changes, except with $header, etc., which are perhaps
more likely to have a %.  It could do with double-checking.  (Where does
this habit of ${foo} come from when there's no ambiguity to $foo, I find
the noise annoying.  :-)

It just so happens that I'm going through a cleanup of mhmail.
I'll changed printf's of variables to always go through a format.

echo might work too.  ;-)

paul