Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for Message-ID?

2012-11-23 12:21:12
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

(BTW, after some experimentation I realized that there is a good reason
to have post assign Message-IDs rather than let the MTA do it: if post
does it then the Message-ID gets included in the Fcc-filed copy, which
at least for me is a significant advantage.  So I don't plan to take
Ken's advice of dropping the -msgid switch, and will persist with
hacking the source code to make the message IDs be generated the way
I want.)

To be fair ... I wasn't suggesting that's what you do; my point
only was that the last time people talked about that, the majority
of responses (actually, all of them) indicated that they didn't use
-msgid.

I must have missed that conversation. I use -msgid for the same reason
Tom does.

[Desperately trying to catch up on old mail before installing 1.5 and
adapting MH-E this long weekend and wondering what's going to become of
the -msgid flag when I do that...]

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>