Re: [Nmh-workers] continuing...

2013-01-06 11:10:51
Norm wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

continuing...

This occurs in a number of nmh error messages.

About 90 of them :-/  It's pasted on to the end of warning
("admonish") messages.

I am usually puzzled by what it means. What will the situation be
when the dust settles? What will nmh do about the errant messages or
other entities?

Good questions.  In this case (erroneous Content-Transfer-Encoding
in a multipart message), nmh skips the current message and
moves on to the next one.  That might be considered useful
when showing multiple messages.  Though I could see treating
this particular warning as an error instead, therefore
exiting instead of continuing.

I wouldn't change that globally:  each warning would need to
be studied before changing.

May I suggest that whenever somebody has occasion to edit such a
message he try to make it more explicit.

Suggestions welcome, esp. for this case.

David