Re: [Nmh-workers] argument splitting documentation

2013-02-12 14:57:48
On 12 February 2013 at 15:44, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>wrote:

I've finished the conversion of everything appropriate (I think) over to
the new argsplit code.  This lets people put things like:

moreproc: less -R

in their .mh_profile (or even on the command line with things like -moreproc).

But one thing comes to mind: where should this be documented?  In
mh-profile(5)?  Each command man page?  Somewhere else?

my $0.02 (fwiw)

For sure in the mh-profile(5).

We could make mention of the change in the man page(s) immpacted, with a
reference to mh-profile for further information.

There is precedent for doing it that way, look at man page for mount(8)
and fstab(5).  The fstab(5) entry points to mount(8) in several instances
for more information.

--Ken

jerry
     // Jerry Heyman               | A government that is big enough to give
    //  Amigan Forever :-)         | you everything you want, is big enough
\\ //   heymanj at acm dot org     | to take away everything you have
 \X/    http://www.hobbeshollow.com| -- Thomas Jefferson