Re: [Nmh-workers] manpage table help

2013-02-21 18:27:22
Right.  Of course, one likes to paste fragments of man page examples to
the command line and expect them to work, and argv[] processing tends to
prefer plain ol' - rather than either of those two you gave.  Colin
Watson, all-round good egg and Debian's man(1) maintainer, has
/etc/groff/man.local set up to turn \- into - if outputting to a utf8
terminal.

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2003-12/msg00102.html

That file does a few more things these days.

Yeah, I ran into the same thing myself on MacOS X (can't search for
options, but the default solution on MacOS X is to output man pages
using us-ascii; I switched to UTF-8 and that's when I ran into those
problems.