Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking complications

2013-03-23 21:25:49
Possibilites that come to mind are:

- Update the sequence file _before_ calling rmmproc().  This would
  happen in the folder_delmsgs() routine.  This technically involves
  an API change, but the nmh API has no real definition and only two
  callers, so I'm not really worried about that part.

I vote for that.

Since you're the only one who cares, sounds good to me :-)

- Do nothing.  Not as weird as it sounds; if messages aren't on the
  sequence, they'll get removed next time the sequence file is written.

Yes but an intervening folder -pack would mess that up.

Actually, it would work out fine.  If messages don't exist they won't
get added to the interal sequence list when the folder is read, so when
folder -pack writes out the sequence file the extra messages in
the sequence would just vanish.