Re: [Nmh-workers] bug #23168: post -sasl doesn't honour username in .netrc

2013-04-14 10:16:51
I wrote:

This old bug is about post ignoring a login name in .netrc:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?23168

I had closed it, but I really think that it should be fixed.
The current behavior is to determine the user using the
first of:

  1) -user switch
  2) local login name

I'd like to change the behavior to:

  1) -user switch
  2) matching host entry with "login" in a .netrc
  3) interactively request name from user

Done.  The new behavior is optional, enabled with a "credentials"
profile entry.  See mh-profile(5) for syntax.  Also, any valid
filename can be specified in place of $HOME/.netrc.

David