Re: [Nmh-workers] message corruption with inc

2013-04-15 17:23:19
Paul F. wrote:

i'm sometimes seeing a minor corruption of incoming mail after running
inc.  it's happened since i switched recently to running latest git
HEAD.

i've bisected, and the first failing commit is:

    commit f6e6ec96c9e179f7817fca4c8c22bc2bd4e417e8 (master~193^2~6^2~31)
    Author: David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org>
    Date:   Sun Jan 13 11:08:28 2013 -0600

      Added bytes_read to m_getfld() buffer state.  This is the
      next step in supporting ftell()/fseek().

you can see that the last several characters of the message header
have been prepended to the message body.  this is the typical behavior
i've been seeing.  never more than 4 or 5 extra characters.

i'll debug if no one else can get to it near-term, but i'm sure david
will be quicker at it than i will be, if he has time.

You just want me to dig back into m_getfld, don't you :-)

Let me take a look at it later tonight and I'll get back to
you.  You've done more than enough already to isolate it.

David