Re: [Nmh-workers] reason: 554 5.7.0 Message Size Violation

2013-05-04 13:37:42
Norm wrote:

This is the first I've ever heard of this rejection reason. The
message consi sted, almost entirely, of an attachment,
Spec_05_04_10:04.zip, a 471,282 byte zip file.

That's tiny, it shouldn't cause the problem.

Is there anything I can do, short of breaking the attachment into
several pieces, and sending separately?

Does your zip file have folders in it?  If so, I would try
just sending only files:

  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4897781?start=0&tstart=0

Is there some way, other than trial and error, to determine the size
limit?

I can't believe that's the problem.

Just for fun, if you want to see the size limit of your SMTP
server, try adding -snoop to your send command and looking
for a 250-SIZE line in the chatter.  But in this case, the
problem was with the SMTP server of mac.com.

David