Re: [Nmh-workers] Date syntax

2013-05-17 11:17:38
Would somebody please point me to a specification of the date syntax
used by pick and sortm.

Looks like it's ... according to the man page for "pick" ... RFC-822, plus
a few extras.  In the case of sortm, it's just the RFC-822 parser that
we have.  We're talking about the "-before" and "-after" switches to pick;
the -date switch is just a pattern match.

I remember some non-obvious things about -before and -after ... in some
cases, if you saw things like "yesterday", it's 24 hours previous to
now, rather than the whole day of yesterday.  But anyway, if it's not
a "special" time as listed in the pick man page, it uses the RFC-822
date parser.