Re: [Nmh-workers] The zone field of Date-Time components

2013-05-25 09:44:53
Norm wrote:

As I read, RFC822, Section 5.1, the zone filed field of
Date components, is required. Do I misread it?  I have
encountered one Email, for which it is missing. It there a
de defacto standard which makes it optional?

I agree that it is required by RFC 822.  And also by RFC
2822, which obsoletes 822.  A zone of "-0000" is allowed,
and indicates no useful zone information.  So there is a
syntactically valid way to provide what you received.

David