Re: [Nmh-workers] More_robust_header_parsing...?_Ya hoo_groups_problems._Header_dump_and_mod_utilities..._ (Resent_with_attachment.)

2013-06-22 11:36:22
Thanks for the reply Ralph,

Unless the tweaks still aren't quite right and are stripping the leading
whitespace from the continued headers.  ;-)

LOL!  Yeah, I checked that by both viewing the html source and by
dumping out the buffer in the perl script before running the regular
expression.  There's an "&unwrap=1" option at the end of the url in the
script that I was hopeful about, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  I
haven't found an actual listing of the Yahoo groups API yet...

# Header keywords start with a capital letter and end with a colon
headerfield = re.compile('^[A-Z][A-Za-z_-]*?:')

Just to note they don't have to have a capital letter at the start.

I had wondered about that, but empirically, they've all been upper case
so far...

I think this is a fairly unusual problem that needs an ad hoc solution
each time to cope with the peculiarities of each case.

It was quite nice to download all of the mbox files of this nmh list and
have them incorporate with no errors!

Regards,
Doug