Re: [Nmh-workers] show in Debian Linux is slightly Different than in FreeBSD.

2013-09-16 07:28:14
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:25:22 -0500, Martin McCormick writes:
When nmh is installed on a FreeBSD-based system, the
show command works as one would expect. You get whatever headers
you have selected to see plus the first screen of the message.
On two Linux systems, I get the selected headers as shown
below:
...headers pager'd independent of the body

this is precisely working as per manual for show when you are
showing a message that's not just text/plain (see showmimeproc in show(1)):
first headers, then all the body parts separately.

a quick fix would be to use show -nocheckmime or
show -showmimeproc mhl (or showmimeproc in .mh_profile); that way
you lose the mime part separation but gain uninterrupted display.

      This is really not a new issue but I thought it was
peculiar to one system and then I discovered that it is
apparently common to at least Debian Linux systems, one of which
is Squeeze and the other is Wheezy.

<donning my debian nhm maintainer hat>
i don't think that this is debian-specific, but i rather suspect
it's an artefact of the common-ish mailcap stuff in linux,
which might be handled differently on *bsd?

(or might it have been that you tested with a plain message on the
bsd and a mime-encrusted one on the linuxes?)

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 0x42BD645D or 0x5B586291 + http://snafu.priv.at/
Q. why do you get when you cross an elephant and a grape?