Re: [Nmh-workers] x-unix-mode MIME parameter?

2014-01-13 22:12:44
I'm embarassed to say that I don't remember why I did that.  I think that
it was because I looked at attachment headerss in emails that I received,
maybe even some created by mhbuild, and they had it.  I didn't do the
-attachformat stuff, someone else did and I have never used it so wouldn't
notice if it went away.

Okay, that sounds plausible about the origins ... I used the Debian Code
Search (thanks, Ralph!  Didn't know about it!) and it seems like most of
the uses of it appear in regression tests for OTHER MUAs.  It doesn't
sound like anyone objects if we drop support for sending this via attach
(users are of course free to construct their own headers via mhbuild
directives and include whatever MIME parameters they want).

And I've got to agree with Earl ... sure seems like a big potential
security problem to me.