Re: [Nmh-workers] setuid/setgid in nmh

2014-02-02 13:38:29

David Levine wrote:
As far as I know, those conditions don't apply to any platform
that we might actively support, including:
    Linux, Cygwin, AIX:  use fcntl (by default)
    FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X:  use flock (by default)
    Solaris:  has world-writable mail spool

Users on those platforms don't have the setgid call in their inc
thanks to our autoconf magic.  Should we remove support for it
completely?  Users who configure a non-default locking might then
have to deal with the locking of their mail spool file.

unless we have a way to test it, let's remove any support for platforms
we don't support.