Re: [Nmh-workers] extensions on tmp filenames?

2014-02-03 16:14:29

On Feb 3, 2014, at 8:46 AM, Mike O'Dell <mo(_at_)ccr(_dot_)org> wrote:

ISO C can demand anything it wants about atomicity,
but given that It Doesn't Rule The World, portability
may make other demands. C is still useful even when
the underlying runtime doesn't belong to that church.

I can't stop a system from not adhering to the standard.  But I can say 'not
our fault' if that behaviour breaks MH somehow.

Although one might argue that, when it comes to C, the ISO C standards do rule
the world.  Given C's application as the language to bootstrap nearly all the
other higher-level languages and runtimes, breaking your C compiler or library
is going to have potentially dire consequences.

--lyndon