Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow flag: -combined ?

2014-03-23 03:22:29
    Date:        Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:05:35 -0400
    From:        Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>

  | However, I'm unsure what to call this new switch. -combined/-nocombined?

I think you (and the other suggestions) have the sense backwards - if you're
going to make the default be what would be (with that option naming)
-combined, then the "positive" option should be the one you expect people
to use (the -noxxx options should normally be used when people are
overriding what is in their profiles rather than overriding the defaults).

So I'd suggest names that work the other way (and their -no variants
of course) - -separate (except that clashes too much with -serialonly, which
is even worse if that is to go away, as rather than -s or -se being
flagged as ambiguous, it would just get a changed meaning) so perhaps
-oneatatime or -individual or something like that.

kre